When they go low, you go high.
But what about when they keep going low?
Another approach is when they go low you ignore them.
It’s like wearing a shirt that has a big button on it that says PUSH.
There are times when an honest response is the right thing to do.
And when the insults keep coming, keep cutting off the oxygen of the verbal abuser.
They will soon look for someone else’s buttons to push.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Share them with friends and family by forwarding this email or posting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media with my permission.
Read some sample chapters of my book Out of Bad Comes Good, The Advantages of Disadvantages here.
Don’t want to get these emails anymore? Unsubscribe below.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Responding to Insults