- All dinners are to be enjoyed with cellphones turned off – including yours.
- The family eats at least one meal – preferably dinner – together every day.
- For every update of a social media site such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, commit to some type of equal and opposite contact with a real live person in your life.
- Replace connecting with nurturing – this is how the human spirit is raised and how we feel fulfilled in our relationships. It’s not how many contacts we make, it’s how authentic they are.
- Do not reject technology – use it as the great tool of our generation – but do not immerse yourself into a digital lifestyle at the expense of in person contact.
- When you are in the presence of another person, give them 100% of your attention.
Read more recent articles:
- When Are We Taking Too Many Photos?
- Are You A Dreamer?
- How To Get Someone To Stop Texting
- They're Even Bullying Supermodels Now
- Cindy Crawford Did More For Body Image With This Photo
- Brian Williams and Second Chances
- The Best Way to a Person's Heart is Through Their Ears
- Before Dying, The Husband Who Arranged Valentine Flowers Every Year
- Tiger Woods' Crisis of Confidence
Comment on Mastering the Always-On Lifestyle