- All dinners are to be enjoyed with cellphones turned off – including yours.
- The family eats at least one meal – preferably dinner – together every day.
- For every update of a social media site such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, commit to some type of equal and opposite contact with a real live person in your life.
- Replace connecting with nurturing – this is how the human spirit is raised and how we feel fulfilled in our relationships. It’s not how many contacts we make, it’s how authentic they are.
- Do not reject technology – use it as the great tool of our generation – but do not immerse yourself into a digital lifestyle at the expense of in person contact.
- When you are in the presence of another person, give them 100% of your attention.
Read more recent articles:
- New Sources of Self-Love
- Handling Haters
- The Only Way To Change a Person
- Living With Controlling People
- Selfish Friends
- Why Do We Glamorize People Who Hurt Us?
- Struggling With Disappointment
- The Difference Between Winning the Battle and Winning the War
- Participation Trophies
- Jimmy Carter's Heroic Battle with Cancer
Comment on Mastering the Always-On Lifestyle