- All dinners are to be enjoyed with cellphones turned off – including yours.
- The family eats at least one meal – preferably dinner – together every day.
- For every update of a social media site such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, commit to some type of equal and opposite contact with a real live person in your life.
- Replace connecting with nurturing – this is how the human spirit is raised and how we feel fulfilled in our relationships. It’s not how many contacts we make, it’s how authentic they are.
- Do not reject technology – use it as the great tool of our generation – but do not immerse yourself into a digital lifestyle at the expense of in person contact.
- When you are in the presence of another person, give them 100% of your attention.
Read more recent articles:
- Don't Fear Perfection -- You'll Never Reach It
- The Most Successful People Lift People Up, Not Run Them Down
- You Wait Out Adversity, You Don't Quit On It
- You Owe Everybody & Everybody Owes You
- Coexisting With Self-Absorbed People
- Searching For True Purpose In Life
- Dealing With Adversity
- Safeguarding Your Integrity
- How To Forgive
- Success & Happiness
Comment on Mastering the Always-On Lifestyle