- All dinners are to be enjoyed with cellphones turned off – including yours.
- The family eats at least one meal – preferably dinner – together every day.
- For every update of a social media site such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, commit to some type of equal and opposite contact with a real live person in your life.
- Replace connecting with nurturing – this is how the human spirit is raised and how we feel fulfilled in our relationships. It’s not how many contacts we make, it’s how authentic they are.
- Do not reject technology – use it as the great tool of our generation – but do not immerse yourself into a digital lifestyle at the expense of in person contact.
- When you are in the presence of another person, give them 100% of your attention.
Read more recent articles:
- Get 30-60 Minutes Back Every Day
- Quick Way of Turning a Problem into a Solution
- This Will Really Make You Believe in Yourself
- The Most Important Thing in Life
- Why You Should Make an "Angie's List" of Friends
- Negativity at Work
- The Cure for Not Enough Time
- Employers and Social Media
- Overcoming the Fear of Speaking
- How to Empower Others
Comment on Mastering the Always-On Lifestyle