- All dinners are to be enjoyed with cellphones turned off – including yours.
- The family eats at least one meal – preferably dinner – together every day.
- For every update of a social media site such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, commit to some type of equal and opposite contact with a real live person in your life.
- Replace connecting with nurturing – this is how the human spirit is raised and how we feel fulfilled in our relationships. It’s not how many contacts we make, it’s how authentic they are.
- Do not reject technology – use it as the great tool of our generation – but do not immerse yourself into a digital lifestyle at the expense of in person contact.
- When you are in the presence of another person, give them 100% of your attention.
Read more recent articles:
- Turn a "To Do" List Into a "Success" List
- Enhancing Happiness by 25%
- Dealing with Distractions
- Immediate Happiness
- Identify Your Best Personal Strength
- The Unfriendly Skies of United Airlines
- Recognize Something Positive Every Day
- Fear of Losing
- Apple's Actually Great Answer to Too Much Email
- Anger Rooms
Comment on Mastering the Always-On Lifestyle