There are friends and then there are friends.
Friends never have to remember to stay in touch, it happens automatically.
Friends don’t judge.
They are never jealous.
They handle their relationship like it is perishable because friendship is.
Friends listen more than they speak.
And they are always available.
A text message is not a conversation because you cannot hear joy, sadness or fear.
A social network is not a conversation.
I have seen endless posts by people with broken hearts publicly sharing their grief but friendship is when your main skill is to just be there for them.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Share them with friends and family by forwarding this email or posting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media with my permission.
Read some sample chapters of my book Out of Bad Comes Good, The Advantages of Disadvantages here.
Don’t want to get these emails anymore? Unsubscribe below.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Friendship