Dogs are great emotional support aides for people who have experienced PTSD.
Warmth, approval, companionship, less isolation, reduced levels of stress and anxiety – these things matter to people suffering from stress.
People could also be emotional supporters if they attempt to provide these benefits to others.
Approval and acceptance.
It’s a sign of our times that we live with so much stress and emotional upheaval so it gives us an opportunity to supply the very things an ESA does.
One added benefit is that when giving emotional support to others, we are also the beneficiaries.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Share them with friends and family by forwarding this email or posting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media with my permission.
Read some sample chapters of my book Out of Bad Comes Good, The Advantages of Disadvantages here.
Don’t want to get these emails anymore? Unsubscribe below.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Emotional Support