Life comes with obnoxious people but letting them ruin your day, your life or career is not necessary.
There are five ways to deal with a contemptible person.
- Ignore them.
- Don’t reply quickly to anything they say.
- Prove them wrong but say it indirectly to avoid further confrontation.
- Define your boundaries beyond which you will speak up and stop the bullying.
- Get them out of your life (and that includes family members).
No one has to suffer a bully unless they are prepared to continue losing their self-respect.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Share them with friends and family by forwarding this email or posting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media with my permission.
Read my book Out of Bad Comes Good, The Advantages of Disadvantages here.
Don’t want to get these emails anymore? Unsubscribe below.
Read more recent articles:
- Turning Around a Bad Day
- Outsmarting Others
- If You Don't Believe in Yourself, Why Should Anyone Else?
- Difficult Friendships
- Winning a Person's Confidence
- What if Someone Asks for Constructive Criticism?
- People Want to Buy, Not be Sold
- The End of Failure Thoughts
- Before Trying to Solve a Big Problem, Do This
- When You Drop the Ball
Comment on Dealing with a Jerk