If you have been struggling with a problem and want the best shot at solving it or at least making it less of a problem, you will do better following these steps:
- Ask “what is the problem”. Often, we set out to solve something that is not the real problem.
- What are the causes of the problem? Make a long list without passing judgment.
- What are all the possible solutionsyou can think of? No solution is too wild, far out or inappropriate during this brainstorming stage.
- Choose the best solution from #3 above. Sometimes it will be two possible solutions rolled into one.
- Devise an action planto put your best solution to work.
- Set a date to review your progress.
These specific steps help guarantee that you have a disciplined approach to solving the problem that has been gnawing at you.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Share them with friends and family by forwarding this email or posting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media with my permission.
Read some sample chapters of my book Out of Bad Comes Good, The Advantages of Disadvantages here.
Don’t want to get these emails anymore? Unsubscribe below.