Endless questioning going deeper and deeper into the conversation.
And it has nothing to do with being outgoing.
People think a great conversationalist is a person who says all the right things, can be witty, intelligent, interesting – all at once.
It’s the other way around.
Ask question after question – do it sincerely — and you will make a friend for life.
The irony is, a good conversationalist is not a person who does all the talking but the one who does all the listening.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Share them with friends and family by forwarding this email or posting to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media with my permission.
Read some sample chapters of my book Out of Bad Comes Good, The Advantages of Disadvantages here.
Don’t want to get these emails anymore? Unsubscribe below.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Become a Great Conversationalist